Monday, June 16, 2008

Reading Week Activity 2

Door decorations - Guess our favorite book or character

With your class, pick a favorite story character or book. Place 4-5 clues compiled by the class on your classroom door. You can choose to list your clues, draw pictures or create a box of props. (The clues should be posted by Wednesday. Students will walk around the school either in groups or pairs on Thursday to guess your favorite characters. Answers will be given during announcements on Friday morning).

Examples of a list:
I am a woman.
I have crazy blond hair.
I am a teacher.
I travel to exciting places with my class.
Some of our expeditions have been to the moon and under the sea.
(Answer : The Magic School Bus Series by Joanna Cole)

Examples of pictures:
a big read dog house
a bone and a leash
Emily Elizabeth
(Answer: Clifford by Norman Bridwell)

Example of a box of props:
a wizard hat
jelly beans
owl
broom
two headed stuffed dog
(Answer: Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling)

*I will try to post pictures of classroom doors soon.

No comments: